• The fourth-ranked Nebraska volleyball workforce travels to play Northwestern on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Welsh-Ryan Enviornment in Evanston, Sick.
• The Huskers Radio Community will broadcast all of the motion on their radio associates, together with 107.3 FM in Lincoln and AM 590 in Omaha. A stay audio stream can be supplied at Huskers.com and the Huskers app. John Baylor is in his twenty ninth season doing play-by-play for the Husker volleyball program. Lauren (Prepare dinner) West, a former All-America setter for the Huskers, will present colour commentary.
NOTING THE HUSKERS
• At 20-2 general and 12-1 within the Huge Ten Convention, Nebraska is tied for the league lead with Ohio State and Wisconsin.
• Nebraska is hitting .251 as a workforce and is holding opponents to .119 hitting, which leads the nation. The Huskers rank seventh nationally at 2.81 blocks per set.
• In Huge Ten matches solely, Nebraska ranks first in opponent hitting share (.114), first in opponent kills allowed (10.71 per set) and first in opponent service aces allowed (0.55).
• Nebraska opened the season in a 5-1 system however has been in a 6-2 system since Sept. 1 in opposition to Loyola Marymount. Three setters have all been concerned for the Huskers this season: Kennedi Orr (5.54 assists per set), Nicklin Hames (5.30 assists per set) and Anni Evans (4.58 assists per set). In 38 units performed as a setter, nevertheless, Hames leads the Huge Purple with 6.53 assists per set. She returned to the Husker lineup on Oct. 14 in opposition to Penn State after a one-month absence with an damage.
• Hames, who’s in her fifth season at NU, has 4,887 profession assists and broke Fiona Nepo’s (1995-98) profession assists college report on Oct. 22 at Illinois. Hames ranks fifth amongst lively NCAA Division I setters in profession assists.
• Outdoors hitter Madi Kubik is averaging a team-high 3.19 kills per set and provides 2.29 digs per set. Kubik surpassed 1,000 profession kills on Sept. 10 in opposition to Lengthy Seaside State, changing into the twenty fourth Husker all-time to succeed in that mark.
• Outdoors hitter Whitney Lauenstein is averaging 3.00 kills per set and has a team-high 23 service aces. Lauenstein had a career-high 25 kills on .385 hitting in a win at No. 17 Creighton on Sept. 7. It was probably the most kills by a Husker in a match since Mikaela Foecke had 27 kills within the NCAA Championship match in opposition to Stanford in 2018.
• Center blocker Kaitlyn Hord is averaging 1.39 kills and a .300 hitting share to go along with 1.63 blocks per set, which leads the nation. Hord ranks among the many NCAA lively profession leaders in three classes. The Penn State grad switch ranks No. 2 amongst lively NCAA Division I gamers in profession blocks (639), No. 2 in blocks per set (1.36) and is No. 5 in profession hitting share (.398).
• Sophomore libero Lexi Rodriguez is averaging a team-best 4.14 digs per set. Rodriguez is the reigning AVCA Nationwide Freshman of the 12 months and Huge Ten Defensive Participant of the 12 months. She was named the Huge Ten Co-Defensive Participant of the Week on Oct. 10 after averaging 6.00 digs per set in sweeps at Michigan State and Michigan, together with a season-high 25 digs within the three-set win over the Wolverines.
• Freshman center blocker Bekka Allick is placing up 2.15 kills per set on a team-high .381 hitting share with 1.05 blocks per set. Allick was named Huge Ten Freshman of the Week in back-to-back weeks on Oct. 17 and Oct. 24. In Huge Ten play, Allick leads all gamers with a .416 hitting share.
• Northwestern is 17-7 and 6-6 in Huge Ten play coming into a house match on Friday in opposition to No. 6 Ohio State. After being swept at Nebraska on Oct. 16, Northwestern gained 4 matches in a row, together with a 3-2 win over No. 12 Purdue.
• Temi Thomas-Ailara leads Northwestern with 4.21 kills per set and is hitting .267. Hanna Lesiak averages 2.81 kills.
• Former Husker Megan Miller is placing up 4.29 digs per set because the Wildcats’ libero.
• Northwestern ranks second within the Huge Ten behind Nebraska in digs per set (14.69). The Wildcats additionally rank second in kills per set (14.01).
• Nebraska is 17-1 all-time in opposition to Northwestern. The Huskers have gained 13 in a row over the Wildcats since their lone win on Nov. 26, 2011. The groups performed on Oct. 16 in Lincoln with Nebraska taking a 25-23, 25-16, 25-18 win. Nebraska used a balanced assault with 5 gamers recording no less than six kills. Bekka Allick (.571), Madi Kubik (.304) and Whitney Lauenstein all had 9 kills for the Huskers. Ally Batenhorst added eight kills and Lindsay Krause had six.
HUSKERS RANKED NO. 4 IN AVCA POLL
• Nebraska is ranked No. 4 within the AVCA Coaches Ballot this week.
• The Huskers had been ranked No. 1 within the preseason ballot, the primary time since 2016 the Huskers began a 12 months atop the ballot. Nebraska additionally held the No. 1 rating the week of Oct. 24.
• Nebraska has been ranked No. 1 in 102 all-time polls, probably the most in NCAA historical past.
• The Huskers have been ranked within the high 10 a complete of 526 instances, which can also be probably the most in NCAA historical past.
• Nebraska has appeared in all 582 AVCA Coaches Polls it has been eligible for because it was established in 1982. Nebraska is the one program to be ranked in each eligible ballot all-time.
KNUCKLES, KUBIK, RODRIGUEZ NAMED TEAM CAPTAINS
• The three workforce captains for the Nebraska volleyball program in 2022 are senior defensive specialist Kenzie Knuckles, exterior hitter Madi Kubik and sophomore libero Lexi Rodriguez.
• After two years as NU’s libero, Knuckles moved right into a defensive specialist function final season and was named a workforce captain for the primary time. She averaged 2.06 digs with 0.29 aces per set. Knuckles completed with a double-digit dig efficiency seven instances and ranked tenth in Huge Ten play for aces per set (0.31). Knuckles additionally contributed 52 kills as an attacker out of the again row.
• Kubik was an AVCA third-team All-American in 2021, and he or she obtained first-team AVCA North All-Area and first-team All-Huge Ten honors. She averaged a team-leading 3.49 kills per set to go along with 2.11 digs whereas including 21 aces and 55 blocks. Kubik ranked third in Huge Ten play in kills per set with 4.11.
• Rodriguez was acknowledged because the Nationwide Freshman of the 12 months, a first-team AVCA All-American, North Area Freshman of the 12 months and first-team North All-Area by the AVCA in 2021. She was named the Huge Ten Defensive Participant of the 12 months and was a first-team All-Huge Ten and Huge Ten All-Freshman Group choice.
AVCA HALL OF FAMER JOHN COOK IN 23RD SEASON AT NEBRASKA
• Nebraska head coach John Prepare dinner is in his twenty third season because the Nebraska volleyball head coach in 2022. He has led the Huskers to 4 nationwide championships, 10 closing fours, 12 convention championships and 20 top-10 closing rankings since 2000.
• Prepare dinner has 811 profession wins and is among the all-time winningest coaches in NCAA historical past. Since taking up this system in 2000, Prepare dinner has led the Huskers to a nation-leading .874 win share (650-94).
• Beneath Prepare dinner, the Huskers have achieved 57 AVCA All-Individuals and 19 CoSIDA Tutorial All-Individuals, each among the many finest within the nation. He’s a two-time AVCA Nationwide Coach of the 12 months, incomes the distinguished honor in 2000 and 2005, and a seven-time convention coach of the 12 months, together with Huge Ten Coach of the 12 months in 2016 and 2017, his first and second Huge Ten honors with the Huskers of their Huge Ten period (2011-present).
• Prepare dinner is one among solely three lively coaches – and one among six all-time – to be a two-time AVCA Nationwide Coach of the 12 months and was honored in 2008 by USA Volleyball, receiving its All-Time Nice Coach Award.
• Prepare dinner was inducted into the AVCA Corridor of Fame in 2017, becoming a member of former Husker volleyball coach Terry Pettit within the corridor.
REYES STEPS INTO LEAD ASSISTANT ROLE
• Final December, assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Jaylen Reyes moved into the Huskers’ lead assistant function following the departure of affiliate head coach Tyler Hildebrand, who was named the brand new head ladies’s volleyball coach at Lengthy Seaside State.
• Reyes joined the Husker employees in March 2018. Because the Huskers’ recruiting coordinator, he has helped NU land the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class for 2021 and the No. 2 class for 2022, in response to PrepVolleyball.com.
• Reyes coaches the Husker liberos and protection whereas serving to coordinate sport plans and scouting studies and aiding with different positions.
• In 2021, Nebraska boasted an elite protection and held opposing groups to simply .148 hitting for the 12 months. A former libero at BYU, Reyes led Nebraska’s again row protection to unprecedented heights within the 2021 season. Led by AVCA first-team All-American and Huge Ten Defensive Participant of the 12 months Lexi Rodriguez, the Husker protection propelled the younger squad all the best way to the NCAA Championship match. Rodriguez set a Nebraska freshman report for digs in a season (524), and as a workforce the Huskers averaged 16.98 digs per set, the third-highest whole in class historical past.
HUNTER EARNS FULL-TIME ASSISTANT POSITION AT ALMA MATER
• Final December, volunteer assistant coach Kelly Hunter was promoted to a full-time assistant function for the Huskers starting in 2022.
• Following her skilled enjoying profession abroad, Hunter joined the Husker employees two years in the past. She has served in a number of roles as a volunteer assistant (2020-21), interim assistant coach (January-August 2020) and graduate assistant (2019). She fulfilled her stint as an interim assistant coach in 2020 whereas former affiliate head coach Tyler Hildebrand ready for the 2020 Olympic Video games previous to his arrival in Lincoln.
• Hunter set the Huskers to nationwide championships in 2015 and 2017 and was a two-time All-American. She was additionally the 2017 Huge Ten Setter of the 12 months and a two-time All-Huge Ten choice. The three-year Husker captain obtained quite a few honors from volleyball publications, together with Nationwide Participant of the 12 months and All-America first-team honors from PrepVolleyball.com. Hunter was additionally named co-Most Excellent Participant of the NCAA Championship with teammate Mikaela Foecke after the Huskers beat Florida within the nationwide title match in 2017.
CLOSING IN ON 300 CONSECUTIVE REGULAR-SEASON SELLOUTS
• All season and single-game tickets for the 2022 Nebraska volleyball season have been bought. The Huskers entered the season with 286 consecutive regular-season sellouts and can have a good time their three hundredth consecutive regular-season sellout on Nov. 11 in opposition to Iowa.
• Nebraska’s sellout streak is an NCAA ladies’s report. The Huskers have led the nation in attendance each season since shifting into the Bob Devaney Sports activities Middle in 2013.
• Nebraska set a brand new college report for attendance – 8,632 – in opposition to No. 2 Stanford on Sept. 18, 2019.
• A brand new NCAA attendance report was set on the 2021 NCAA Championship with 18,755 followers turning out to observe Wisconsin and Nebraska battle for the nationwide title at Nationwide Enviornment in Columbus, Ohio final December.
• Eight of the highest 9 crowds in NCAA Volleyball historical past are all matches which have concerned the Huskers.
• When Nebraska performed at Creighton on Sept. 7 on the CHI Well being Middle, a regular-season NCAA report crowd of 15,797 turned out to observe the Huskers defeat the Bluejays, 3-2. It shattered the earlier regular-season report of 14,022 (set by Nebraska and Creighton in 2018). The report lasted 9 days, nevertheless, as Wisconsin and Florida drew a crowd of 16,833 to the Kohl Middle on Sept. 16.
• Of the 14 largest NCAA volleyball regular-season crowds, 13 have been matches Nebraska performed in.
OMAHA TO HOST NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THIRD TIME IN EIGHT YEARS
• The NCAA Championship returns to Omaha in 2022 for the third time within the final eight years and the fifth time general. The College of Nebraska and the Metropolitan Leisure & Conference Authority (MECA) will host the NCAA Championship on the CHI Well being Middle on Dec. 15-17.
• Omaha has served as probably the most frequent host of the NCAA Championship within the 41-year historical past of the match. Omaha has hosted the occasion 4 instances: 2006, 2008, 2015 and 2020.
• Omaha hosted your entire 48-team NCAA Event in April 2021 after the 2020 season was delayed till the spring due to COVID-19. Kentucky beat Texas, 3-1, to win its first NCAA title that season.
• The Huskers gained NCAA titles in Omaha in each 2006 (vs. Stanford) and 2015 (vs. Texas), and the Huge Purple reached the ultimate 4 in 2008 earlier than dropping a five-set thriller to Penn State within the semifinals.
• 4 of the highest 11 crowds in NCAA historical past have occurred on the NCAA Semifinals and Finals performed on the CHI Well being Middle in Omaha.
• Future NCAA Volleyball Championship websites embrace Tampa (2023), Louisville (2024) and Kansas Metropolis (2025).
HORD HEADLINES TALENTED GROUP OF NEW HUSKERS
• Nebraska has 5 new gamers on its roster this season: Penn State graduate switch Kaitlyn Hord (Lexington, Ky.), freshman center blocker Bekka Allick (Lincoln, Neb.), freshman defensive specialist Maisie Boesiger (Firth, Neb.), freshman exterior hitter Hayden Kubik (West Des Moines, Iowa) and freshman center blocker Maggie Mendelson (Ogden, Utah). The Huskers’ signing class was the No. 2-ranked class by PrepVolleyball.
• The 6-4 Hord was named to the AVCA All-America Second Group and was a first-team All-Huge Ten alternative for the third straight season final 12 months at Penn State. She averaged a career-best 2.92 kills per set whereas hitting .394. Hord recorded 1.40 blocks per set, which ranked third within the Huge Ten and seventh nationally.
NINETEEN TV APPEARANCES FOR THE BIG RED IN 2022
• Nebraska performs on TV 19 instances this season, together with 14 nationwide TV broadcasts.
• The Huskers seem on the Huge Ten Community 12 instances in the course of the common season, and Nebraska performs at Creighton on FS1 on Sept. 7 and at Kentucky on ESPNU on Sept. 18.
• Along with the 14 nationwide TV broadcasts, Nebraska Public Media is televising 5 matches: Tulsa (Aug. 26), Loyola Marymount (Sept. 1), Ohio State (Sept. 24), Northwestern (Oct. 16) and Iowa (Nov. 11).
• The ten matches that aren’t on TV could be streamed with a B1G+ subscription. Each match all through the season airs on the Huskers Radio Community and could be heard on Huskers.com and the Huskers app.
THREE HUSKERS NAMED TO PRESEASON ALL-BIG TEN TEAM
• Three members of the Nebraska volleyball workforce had been named to the Preseason All-Huge Ten Group. Kaitlyn Hord, Madi Kubik and Lexi Rodriguez had been all voted to the 15-player preseason workforce by the convention’s head coaches. All three had been All-Huge Ten First Group choices final 12 months. Kubik was the one participant within the Huge Ten unanimously chosen to the preseason all-conference workforce.
• Kubik was an AVCA third-team All-American in 2021, and he or she obtained first-team AVCA All-North Area and first-team All-Huge Ten honors. She averaged a team-leading 3.49 kills per set to go along with 2.11 digs whereas including 21 aces and 55 blocks. Kubik ranked third in Huge Ten play in kills per set with 4.11.
• Rodriguez was acknowledged because the AVCA Nationwide Freshman of the 12 months, a first-team All-American, North Area Freshman of the 12 months and first-team All-North Area in 2021. She was named the Huge Ten Defensive Participant of the 12 months and was a first-team All-Huge Ten and Huge Ten All-Freshman Group choice.
• Hord, a switch from Penn State, was named to the AVCA All-America Second Group and was a first-team All-Huge Ten alternative for the third straight season final 12 months. She averaged a career-best 2.92 kills per set whereas hitting .394. Hord recorded 1.40 blocks per set, which ranked third within the Huge Ten and seventh nationally.
• The Huskers had been picked second within the Huge Ten preseason ballot behind defending nationwide champion Wisconsin. Minnesota was third, adopted by Ohio State and Penn State.
MENDELSON, U.S. U19 TEAM WIN GOLD AT PAN AMERICAN CUP
• Nebraska freshman center blocker Maggie Mendelson and the U.S. Ladies’ U19 Nationwide Group gained the gold medal on the Pan American Cup in Tulsa, Okla., in late July. The U.S. workforce went 5-0 on the match with out dropping a set.
• Mendelson, the workforce captain, had six kills, two blocks and two ace serves within the USA’s 25-15, 25-14, 25-17 sweep of Brazil within the championship match.
ALLICK, RODRIGUEZ CLAIM GOLD AT PAN AMERICAN CUP
• The U.S. Girls’s U21 Nationwide Group – with Nebraska freshman center blocker Bekka Allick and sophomore libero Lexi Rodriguez – defeated Argentina 3-1 (25-20, 21-25, 25-22, 25-14) in June to win the Pan American Cup at La Paz Enviornment in Baja California Sur.
• It’s the second time the U.S. has gained the title. The final time was in 2017. Each the U.S. Girls (5-0) and Argentina (4-2) certified for the 2023 FIVB U21 World Championship.
• Allick added 14 factors on 12 kills and two blocks. Rodriguez, the libero and workforce captain, was credited with 24 digs and 12 wonderful receptions.