Hunter enterprise leaders have shone on the NSW Tourism Business Council’s prestigious NSW Tourism Awards.
Greater than 450 representatives gathered, within the iconic Luna Park Sydney’s Huge High, for the primary time in three years to have a good time the state’s excellent enterprises.
Lovedale’s Balloon Aloft picked up a gold medal within the Journey Tourism class whereas neighbouring rival Past Ballooning secured bronze, in addition to silver in Tour and/or Transport Operators.
Broke’s Margan Wines & Restaurant additionally tasted success in Excellence in Meals Tourism from Meals I Am (Wagga Wagga) and Nation Meals Trails (Orange).
Mid-Coast Council’s Vacation spot Barrington Coast snared two golds, too, one for Tourism Advertising and marketing and Campaigns and the opposite for the Native Authorities Award for Tourism.
The Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary walked away with a silver medal within the Vacationer Points of interest part, with the Barrington Tops-based Aussie Ark accumulating bronze.
Sea Horse Diamond Seashore completed prime three in Excellence in Accessible Tourism and Wingham’s Bent on Meals was pipped by Carool’s Potager in Tourism Eating places and Catering Companies.
Enterprise Hunter CEO Bob Hawes congratulated all winners and finalists, highlighting robust illustration throughout the Hunter and Mid-North Coast.
“Our area is nicely served by companies searching for to push the bar increased and we’re proud to see their efforts recognised in such a significant method,” he stated.
“It’s been an extremely difficult few years with back-to-back pure catastrophe occasions, the pandemic and vitality and gasoline costs all placing strain on enterprise operators on this sector.
“The customer financial system offers very important financial diversification for our area and can play an more and more necessary position as we proceed to navigate transformation related to the evolution of our conventional vitality industries.
“These awards provide a possibility to have a good time well-earned recognition and assist foster a tradition of excellence that may see us stay a area of selection for home and worldwide guests alike.”
Winners within the designated nationwide award classes will now signify NSW on the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards in Sydney on 17 March.
2022 NSW Tourism Award winners:
Main Vacationer Points of interest
- Gold: Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo
- Silver: The Australian Reptile Park, Somersby
- Bronze: The Huge Banana Enjoyable Park, Coffs Harbour
Vacationer Points of interest
- Gold: Whats up Koalas Sculpture Path, Port Macquarie
- Silver: Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary
- Bronze: Aussie Ark, Barrington Tops
Main Festivals and Occasions
- Gold: Bluesfest Byron Bay
- Silver: GLOW at Sydney Zoo
Festivals and Occasions
- Gold: Tumbafest Inc, Tumbarumba
- Silver: Bathurst Winter Pageant
- Bronze: The Coffs Coast Meals & Wine Pageant
- Gold: Sydney by Kayak, Lavender Bay
- Silver: Imaginative and prescient Walks – Eco Excursions, Byron Bay
- Bronze: Tweed Eco Cruises, Tweed Heads
- Gold: Native Sauce Excursions, Sydney
- Silver: Previous Dubbo Gaol
- Bronze: Whats up Koalas Sculpture Path, Port Macquarie
Excellence in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism
- Gold: Wajaana Yaam Gumbaynggirr Journey Excursions, Coffs Harbour
- Silver: Bundyi Cultural Excursions, Wagga Wagga
- Bronze: Bularri Muurlay Nyanggan Aboriginal Company, Coffs Harbour
Tourism Retail & Rent Companies
- Gold: Sydney Harbour Kayaks, The Spit Bridge, Mosman
- Silver: Ask Roz Blue Mountains
Customer Data Companies
- Gold: Mudgee Area Tourism
- Silver: Bathurst Customer Data Centre
- Bronze: Eden Customer Data Centre, Sapphire Coast
Enterprise Occasion Venues
- Gold: Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains by MGallery
- Silver: Fullerton Resort Sydney
Tour and/or Transport Operators
- Gold: Tweed Eco Cruises, Tweed Heads
- Silver: Past Ballooning, Lovedale
- Bronze: Blue Mountains Stargazing
- Gold: Balloon Aloft, Hunter Valley, Camden Valley, Mudgee and Byron Bay
- Silver: Sydney Harbour Kayaks, The Spit Bridge, Mosman
- Bronze: Past Ballooning, Lovedale
Tourism Advertising and marketing and Campaigns
- Gold: MidCoast Council: Vacation spot Barrington Coast
- Silver: Shoalhaven Metropolis Council, Tourism
- Bronze: The Tweed Tourism Firm
Tourism Eating places and Catering Companies
- Gold: Potager, Carool
- Silver: Bent on Meals, Wingham
- Bronze: Antica Australis, Carcoar
Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
- Gold: Courabyra Wines, Tumbarumba
Caravan and Vacation Parks
- Gold: North Star Vacation Resort, Hastings Level
- Silver: NRMA Ocean Seashore Vacation Resort, Central Coast
- Bronze: BIG4 Deniliquin Vacation Park
- Gold: Blueberry Hills on Comleroy, Kurrajong
- Silver: Belle Bois, Capertee Valley
- Bronze: Amaroo Valley Springs, Kurrajong
- Gold: Zoofari Lodge, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo
- Silver: Glenayr Farm Mudgee
- Bronze: Berger Houseboat Holidays, Tweed Heads
- Gold: Bandalong Cottages, Mudgee
- Silver: Peppertree Hill, Mudgee
- Bronze: Mt Warning Property, Dum Dum
4 – 4.5 Star Lodging
- Gold: The Byng Road Boutique Resort, Orange
- Silver: Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains by MGallery
- Bronze: Wildlife Retreat at Taronga, Mosman
5 Star Lodging
- Gold: Mt Hay Retreat, Berry
- Silver: Kalinya Property, Bargo
New Tourism Enterprise
- Gold: Italian Cooking Expertise with Stefano Marvello, Bowral
- Silver: Navigate Expeditions, Sapphire Coast
- Bronze: Evamor Valley, Mudgee
Excellence in Meals Tourism
- Gold: Margan Wines & Restaurant, Broke
- Silver: Meals I Am, Wagga Wagga
- Bronze: Nation Meals Trails, Orange
Excellence in Accessible Tourism*
- Gold/Corridor of Fame: Riverside Vacation Resort Urunga
- Silver: Cocky Guides, Sydney
- Bronze: Sea Horse Diamond Seashore
Native Authorities Award for Tourism*
- Gold: MidCoast Council: Vacation spot Barrington Coast
- Silver: Central Coast Council – Vacation spot Central Coast
Dean Gorddard Award for Excellent Contribution by an Particular person*
Judges’ Tourism Star Award*
- Glenayr Farm, Mudgee
- Love Lord Howe
For extra enterprise tales:
Get all the newest Newcastle information, sport, actual property, leisure, way of life and extra delivered straight to your inbox with the Newcastle Weekly Every day E-newsletter. Join right here.